Monday, December 16, 2002

Powerless ...

Hello Everyone.


Regardless of how active a role we play in the day-to-day task of raising our children, we fathers are left virtually helpless by not having the ability to utilize the most versatile and powerful tool that only mothers possess. With only slight changes in voice, mothers have the talent to employ it in varying degrees. I speak of none other than the proverbial threat: "I gave you life and I can take it away."

Let's face it, we fathers may give our children many things but the miracle of giving life is a solo act, one in which we have but a small part to play.

I give my three-year-old daughter Neva many things to help her learn, to cope and to simply make her way through life. I help to comfort her when she cries and feed her when she is hungry. But really, when I need it most, when the frustrations of parenting become too much, what can I threaten?

"I gave you a sandwich and I can take it away!"

Our Gift Giving Made Easy section lists 16 great place for you to save time and money. Shop Online ... everybody's doing it.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com