Thursday, March 16, 2006

Writer in Residence ...

Hello everyone my name is Catherine and over the last few days I have been in town visiting my Aunt Kathleen, Uncle Bob, Neva, Milo and Willa. Aunt Kathleen, Milo and Willa came to pick me up from the train station. After saying hello to everyone Milo decided to take off his mitt. As I was putting it back on for him he told me that it goes on his left hand and he told me which hand was his left and which was his right. I was kind of surprised he knew left from right at his age. I don't even think I knew my left from my right till I was at least 6 or 7. As we were driving to their house Aunt Kathleen and I were talking and Milo says "Mommy...I want to talk to Ratherine. Ratherine?......." But that was pretty much all he wanted to say.

As I walked in through the door Neva ran to me with big arms and gave me a huge hug. We watched TV for a bit and Neva told me which shows she disliked on Treehouse TV, it was pretty much all the shows.

Later that night, as all 3 kids got out of the bath and into their pyjamas, Milo asked me to read him a story. He picked Chicka Chicka Boom Boom [by John Archembault and Bill Martin Jr.]. Aunt Kathleen told me that he could probably read it to me, and he did! He even sounded sad when the letters were sad.

The next day was busy, we went to the University and then came back to make smores before I left. It was a lot of fun coming out to see them all, I hadn’t seen them since Christmas. It was kinda funny being pulled in 3 different directions. It made me feel good to see how much each one wanted to play with me. Milo with his puzzles and trucks, Neva with her story writing and coloring and Willa wanting to play with her dolls.

Thanks so much for having me.

Catherine or as Milo likes to say "Ratherine",
Guest Writer, ContestHound.com