Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Spy, With My Little Eye ...

This morning the kids and I were playing "I Spy". When playing with Willa, who is only 3 years old, you really have to be lax with the rules. She'll spy blue, for instance, but then, in the end, join in on guessing what she spied. "I know, I know!" she'll say. "Id it da blanket?"

Today we were playing "I Spy" with letters, as I often do with my 4 1/2-year-old, Milo, who is learning to read. Willa would just call out things she saw in the room, regardless of whether they started with the "spied" letter or not. When it was Willa's turn, she spied "tum-ting dat tart wit W". We all guessed "Willa", since that's the only word she knows that starts with W. We were wrong. After several failed attempts, she gave us a clue.

"It out-tide," she said as she gently wiggled her fingers in the air. "It da Wain!"

Well, what do you know? She got it wight!

Happy sweeping!

Kathleen Gunther
Editor, ContestHound.com