Thursday, October 11, 2007

October is Breast Cancer Month ...

Every year, since Neva was a baby, I have been walking for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation in the CIBC Run for the Cure. This year marked my 8th year walking, which was on Sunday, September 30, kick-starting Breast Cancer Awareness Month. When I first started in 2000, I saw a good cause I wanted to support. Since then, I have encountered so many people whose lives, either directly or indirectly, have been touched by breast cancer. Most significant to us was Bob's sister, Jennifer, who died in 2001.

Every year I set a fundraising goal. This year I'm aiming for $2,500, which is higher than usual, but I've had so much great support in the past, I thought I'd challenge myself a bit! If I reach my goal, I'll have raised almost $14,500 in the past 8 years.

If you wish to join the fight to end breast cancer, please support me in my fundraising efforts by clicking the link below. Donations can be made from any country, in any denomination. Tax receipts for donations of $20 or more will be issued automatically by mail.

Link here to donate now.

Thank you so very much!


Happy sweeping!

Kathleen Gunther
Editor, ContestHound.com