Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Defining Roles ...

Hello Everyone.

Now, before we begin, I want to make it abundantly clear that I have changed my fair share of diapers in my time as a father.

Diaper time with my 9-month-old son Milo involves a game where he races away at breakneck speed as soon as you remove his old diaper. This is followed by the ensuing struggle of holding him in one place long enough to wipe him, wrestle on a new one and finally get him buttoned up. It comes as no surprise, then, that when it's time to change his diaper, I'll do anything to get out of it.

So the other day, thinking that my 3 1/2-year-old daughter Neva might be excited at having the opportunity to change her baby brother's diaper, I proposed that she give it a try.

"Neva? Do you want to change Milo's diaper?"

"No!"

"How come?" I asked.

"I'm not a Mommy or Daddy!" came her reply.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com