Friday, February 06, 2004

Comfort in Chaos ...

Hello Everyone.

Countdown to Baby: 12 days
Less than two weeks to go and we have yet to finalize a short list of names. Mind you, it wasn't until 6 days after Milo was born that we named him ...

As we get immanently closer to the arrival of our third child my fear and anxiety is growing. I suppose that's normal but that alone doesn't lessen my worries. There are the standard concerns about the baby's health even though nothing indicates there is anything wrong. And then the ever-popular one about the ability to cope with yet another mouth to feed. Contrary to popular opinion, running a couple of contest web sites is not a particularly lucrative occupation.

Generally being one step away from paranoia, I know first hand how common concerns are the foundations on which more unrealistic fears are built. My past experiences should help to alleviate those wild thoughts but that would mean I'd have to acknowledge that I am being unrealistic. I have found that when you are in the midst of an emotional crisis, reality has a way of standing on the sidelines.

Eventually I once again find myself back in the present and though the fears still exist, I know that as far as right now goes, at this very moment, the hundred or so outcomes I have imagined don't exist. And in that, I find reassurance ... comfort in chaos.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com

No comments: