Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Mr. Who? ...

Hello Everyone.

The fella who owned our building up until last week is the only person I have ever met who would be appropriately referred to as crotchety. He makes no bones about it and confesses to being both grumpy and miserable. And though he may have shown kindness towards my 3 1/2-year-old daughter Neva his sourness was never far from the surface.

The new owners arrived a few days ago with a construction crew in tow and one of the contractors shares the same name as our old landlord. Neva and I of course took the first opportunity to snoop, I mean, introduce ourselves. A few minutes later, having returned to our apartment, I overheard Neva telling my wife Kathleen about our recent adventure.

"We saw Dennis downstairs," she said. "You did!" Kathleen responded, rather surprised to hear this. "A different Dennis, Mama, not Mr. Cranky Pants" Neva elaborated.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com