Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Clipping Chaos and Other Ordinary Things ...

Hello Everyone.

A few weeks ago I was writing how I was troubled about having to write something exciting or funny. I received some wonderful encouragement from quite a few readers and I believe I have overcome that fear of the ordinary ...

Earlier today my 4-year-old daughter Neva and I went to get my haircut. Now, I have been going to the same fella for close to 20 years and he is quite fond of both my children, having met both of them soon after birth. Now ordinarily, before Rob gets started, he usually will chase Neva with the hairdryer, spray her with his water bottle, toss a towel or two at her and relentlessly tease her.

This is how it is when I get my hair cut. Ordinary? Perhaps not from and outsider's point of view, but certainly it is for me. Well, ordinary with the exception that today, as I sat in Rob's chair, Neva spent the better part of my haircut standing on my legs pretending to be a cheerleader.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com