Friday, September 19, 2003

School Daze ...

Hello Everyone.

My 4-year-old daughter Neva started Junior Kindergarten two weeks ago. The first few days were a little rough but I think we have the hang of it now. Though Neva often gets sidetracked with something or another, we still manage to get her to dress herself, put some food in her belly, find her school stuff and get there before the doors close.

Having to keep an exacting schedule has been quite the change for all of us. My wife Kathleen and I both work out of the home so routine in our household is about achieving flexibility without going crazy.

I was thinking that I was handling and accepting all this change but then, just before I sat down to this story, I caught myself trying to count the days that we'll be getting up to send our kids to school. It's been 9 days so far ...

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com