Thursday, January 27, 2005

Bouillon Brigade ...

Hello Everyone.

A child's imagination never ceases to amaze and amuse me. From my toddler's use of an escargot plate for a steering wheel to my 5-year-old's "imaginary friend", Ian, the vinegar bottle. And a kitchen is a veritable make-believe wonderland for kids.

The other day, all 3 of my children showed me the many different "uses" of chicken bouillon. And none of them had anything to do with eating -- not surprising for my kids, really, but that's another story altogether.

It started when Willa, now 11 months old and into everything, discovered a box of bouillon packets in the cupboard. She shook, squished, twisted and threw those little envelopes like nobody's business. Then 2 1/2-year-old Milo picked up all those that were still flat and dealt them out to all of us. "Cards!" he happily declared. Finally, Neva (the bottle collector) came around collecting our "tickets" to the next show.

So the next time you're in the grocery aisle and you see the chicken bouillon, think of my clever kids. And then pick some up for me, because I have no idea where mine is now!

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com

No comments: