Tuesday, March 08, 2005

For Grampa (March 30, 1923 - March 8, 2004)

Hello Everyone.

It's no surprise that after being stuck in the house all day with three boisterous kids who couldn't go outside because it's too cold, that I remark to my wife Kathleen, "We should have bought a puppy".

Now I have given this some thought lately and I realized a few things. A puppy, when it gets a chance, will try to run away. So too, do my kids. And a puppy will stare at you blankly when you are talking to it. Just like my kids. The puppy will tear up the only important piece of paper I have on my desk, walk around chewing on my shoes and without a doubt, pee on the floor. Ditto for my kids.

So really, what's the difference between having kids or a puppy? Well, we wouldn't have gotten three puppies that's for sure and one other thing, Grampa would rather have had the kids sitting on his lap.
Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com

No comments: