Thursday, March 03, 2005

You're Kidding, Right?

Hello Everyone.

I've always thought that I have a rather well developed sense of humor. Even after years of my wife Kathleen tilting her head sideways and staring at me with an "are you feeling okay?" look on her face, I still thought I was funny and clever. And then along came my joke-telling 5 1/2 year-old daughter Neva.

A few days ago she started to make up her own jokes and since then, she's been following us around all day trying them out on us. They're all loosely based the old standard "Why did the chicken cross the road?". For example:

"Why was the window broken?
Because he hit him in his bum and crashed through the mirror - Get it?! He hit his bum!"

As you can see her jokes really don't make any sense. It's how totally absurd the punch lines are that makes us chuckle. Meanwhile, Neva howls with laughter and promptly makes up another one.

Now I really believed I was a witty sort of fella until I realized something. I too was tilting my head sideways in utter confusion each time Neva told a joke.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com

No comments: