Tuesday, August 16, 2005

This Way and That, Up, Down and All Around ...

It's odd the things that we take for granted, like seeing one's elbow for instance. It takes practice to get your arm and head coordinated, it's not all that easy. But when was the last time you thought about the first time you saw yours?

I caught my three-year-old son Milo looking for his the other day. He had scraped it on the sidewalk earlier in the day and now wanted to see the damage. He was bending his arm this way and that, tilting his head up, down and all around. He just couldn't get it sorted out, but he kept trying.

Afraid that he might get all tied up in a knot, I offered to help. I first had to try it myself, which took a moment before I could figure it out, I mean, how often do we look at our elbows.

When he finally saw his, I could tell how proud he was. He was intently investigating it with a look of satisfaction on his face. And me, well, I tried it again, this time with my other arm.

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com

No comments: