Friday, October 10, 2003

Feeding Frenzy ...

Hello Everyone.

It's not that I don't know the way around our kitchen but given the opportunity, at the drop of a hat I would go out for dinner. Yesterday was one of those days since my wife Kathleen was teaching evening piano classes and off we went for a nice leisurely meal.

Even before we sat down at the restaurant, a young woman brought us paper place mats and crayons, and glasses of water filled to the brim with ice. And that signaled the end of anything remotely akin to leisurely.

My 16-month-old son Milo took an immediate interest in tossing the crayons as far as he could. Once confiscated, the ice cubes, the place mats, the cutlery, his french-fries also made excellent projectiles. Meanwhile, my 4-year-old daughter Neva only wanted me to write down every word in the English language on the back of her place mat and then spell it out for -
c - a - t ... cat. And if my attention was even momentarily distracted, she'd call with such a tremendously loud voice that I'm positive that dogs several miles away could hear her.

It was harrowing to say the least. Neither of them managed to get much food in their bellies, everywhere else most certainly and for me, well, I think the Beef Dip I had was good.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com