Friday, October 24, 2003

A Whale of a Story ... Part 2

Hello Everyone.

Judging by the response from a number of readers, yesterday's cliff hanger still needs to be resolved. So, here is a repeat of yesterday's story with a new ending -- just like those DVD's you can buy ...

Sometimes you do something that at the time seems completely benign. Take for instance today, when I cleaned the goldfish bowl. I put the fish into a cup in the kitchen and left the bowl sitting in the bathtub so that the water would acclimatize.

Now, imagine the catastrophe when my 4-year-old daughter Neva, having just returned from playing outside, rushed into the bathroom to pee. I think it was the bone rattling scream that caught my attention, and I ran to see what was the matter.

Crying hysterically and yelling mostly unitelligble words, she stood there at the bathroom door, bouncing up and down with her legs crossed pointing to the empty fishbowl. I quickly tried to reassure her that her fish was fine swimming in a cup in the kitchen. But I couldn't help laughing quietly at the site of this utterly frantic little girl, distraught over her fish, all the while still having to really, really, really go pee.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com