Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Royal Flush ...

Hello Everyone.

We have a baby gate at the door of the bathroom to keep my 16-month-old son Milo out. Why we don't just close the door is a valid point but not today. No, today I want to tell you about Milo.

As I sat working at my computer, I heard Milo dragging a kid-sized chair through my office. He often pushes one around so I thought nothing of it. Then the toilet flushed.

I quickly got up and climbed over the gate, grabbed Milo and climbed back over the gate grabbing the chair and brought them both into the living room.

Back to work I went and moments later I heard the toilet flush again. Seems that for a second time he had dragged the chair to the bathroom, climbed over the gate and flushed the toilet without me noticing. I quickly got up, climbed over the gate, grabbed Milo, back over the gate, grabbed the chair bringing both of them into the living room. "All done," I told him.

This time I closed the door behind me ... I thought ...

Back to work I went and moments later I heard the toilet flush again. For a third time he had dragged the chair to the bathroom, climbed over the gate, turned the knob to open the door and flushed the toilet ... without me noticing. I quickly got up, climbed over the gate, grabbed Milo, back over the gate, grabbed the chair and again brought both of them into the living room. "All done," I told him.

This time I closed the door behind me ... tightly ... I'm positive.

Back to work I went and moments later I heard the toilet flush yet again. Now on his fourth trip, Milo had dragged the chair to the bathroom, climbed over the gate, turned the knob to open the door and flushed the toilet ... without me noticing. I quickly got up, climbed over the gate, grabbed Milo, back over the gate, grabbed the chair and once more brought them both into the living room. Then I strapped Milo into his high chair.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com