Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Countdown to Baby ...

Hello Everyone.

I may have said this when my wife was pregnant with our son Milo, but honestly, I had no idea that I married a hippie. Just as she did with the birth of Milo, Kathleen has again opted to have a home birth. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but we only live 2 blocks from the hospital; the same hospital, I might add, where our 4-year-old daughter Neva was born.

We have the same midwife that we had for both Neva and Milo and we have the doula, who was there for Milo's birth, lined up as well. My mother-in-law will also be there and a close friend will help out with the kids and whatever else.

Our neighbors will be taking our dining room furniture so that I can move the bed into the newly vacant room. Kathleen feels it's the most comfortable room in our apartment, atmospherically speaking. It is warmer, larger and gets better light during the day.

So it seems that we are prepared. With the exception of any unforeseen complications, the latest and probably last addition to our family is set to arrive sometime around February 18, 2004 in our dining room.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com

No comments: