Wednesday, January 28, 2004

A-Door-Able ...

Hello Everyone.

Countdown to Baby: 21 days
We still need more boy's names. Please send us your suggestions!

There once was a time, not too long ago, when if we stood in our living room we could see clear to the other end of the apartment. I could speak to my wife Kathleen and get an answer regardless of where in our apartment I happened to be. And if both my hands were full with whatever I was carrying, I could easily navigate to any room without having to put anything down. Those days are now gone.

My 19-month-old son Milo has taken to closing doors. In fact, he closes every door in our home and not just once or twice, but all day long. He spends a considerable amount of time opening and closing doors, sometimes 10 minutes on a single door.

Which leads me to wonder if this behavior indicates anything. Could it foreshadow his future career: a prison guard or even a prisoner. Maybe he'll be a doorman at some fancy hotel in some far off city. Perhaps he is destined to become a locksmith. Yeah, that's probably it. It pays well, I don't think it's overly stressful and he'll never be stuck when he forgets his keys.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com

No comments: