Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Earth to Milo. . . Come in, Milo!

There are times when I wonder if our children are really on the same planet as us. My 3 1/2-year-old son Milo can be so mellow and mild-mannered at times, you wonder if he has any concept of what is going on around him.

One morning when I took Neva, my 6-year-old, to school, I left the other two children at home with my husband Bob. I said goodbye to Milo, who was standing watching television at the time. When I returned 15 minutes later, Milo was still in front of the TV, standing in the exact spot I had left him.

"Hi, Milo. What are you watching?" I asked.

"Dora," came his reply, eyes glued to the set.

I left the room and went about starting my morning chores. About 5 minutes later, the show had ended and Milo came to the kitchen where I was doing dishes.

"Mommy!" he exclaimed, excitedly. "You're home!"

Happy sweeping!

Kathleen Gunther
Editor, ContestHound.com

No comments: