Thursday, November 18, 2004

SHHHHH ...

Hello Everyone.

Recently I have been pondering the animal kingdom. Do their offspring make anywhere near as much noise as my 9-month-old daughter Willa? I would think that yelling at the top of their lungs would attract all sorts of unwanted attention. Willa fortunately only attracts the odd annoyed glances from passers-by.

The thing is, she's not distressed, it's more like she's talking loudly. Very loudly. At first I thought she was just trying to keep up with her older siblings, but then I remembered that my oldest, Neva, did the same thing when she was an infant. Now, Neva watches TV with the sound turned way up.

I have been trying to figure out ways to curtail the yelling. It may not be the best solution but, when her mouth's wide open, I can easily get a Cheerio in Willa's mouth silencing her temporarily while she chews it.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com

No comments: