Thursday, November 04, 2004

Something About Nothing ...

Hello Everyone.

Sometimes when I sit down to write the stories about my kids I end up going completely blank. Today is one of those days. It's not that I don't have anything to say, that's never, ever happened to me, but what I do have to talk about doesn't seem to be very interesting.

I had already had 4 or 5 false starts and now once again the page in front of me was blank. I made 17 trips to the kitchen, 4 to the bathroom, checked the mail, raided the kids' Halloween treats twice, tripped over a dozen toys and still the page waited for me to type something... anything.

I decided to go outside to sit on the top of the stairs to think. Just then the whole family returned home from grocery shopping. As my wife Kathleen carried the groceries in, Neva and Milo played outside. I was fascinated by how wonderfully they played together, like best friends, totally unaware that I was watching them.

They'll be fine when they grow up, I thought to myself.

Happy sweeping,

Bob Gunther
Webmaster, ContestHound.com

No comments: